Hobby Hump Day/Works for Me Wednesday
I’m combining these today, because it really worked for me today.
My baby sis is turning 18 in 3 days. I can’t believe it.
Anyway, to beat the mail lady, I made what I call the “7 minute card.”
1. Plug in glue gun
2. Since its a 7 minute card, there’s no measuring involved, but you want it to be a little smaller than half of a manila envelope.
3. Take double sided scrapbook paper and cut it to the size of your card. I used some fancy scissors, because the only normal scissors I had were sewing scissors and its a major no no to cut paper with sewing scissors.
4. Cut out petals out of random fabrics.
5. Cut a piece of ribbon as stem
6. Cut out a little leaf from green (or whatever) fabric.
7. Assemble your flower on front of card. I just used elmers glue, because it was quick.
8. Nathan got some alphabet stampers from a goody bag and showed no interest, so I snatched them. They’re from the dollar section at Michaels.
9. Stamp “Happy Birthday” on the front.
10. On a separate piece of paper, write or stamp a little message.
11. Glue to inside.
12. Hot glue button to center of flower.
13. Add giftcard, slide into bottom of manila envelope. Fold envelope over and tape. Address envelope and mail.
Do you like that the inside of the card says “You’re eighteen!” She’ll probably be like, “thanks captain obvious!”
Link your Hobby into the comments.
For more WFMW, check out Rocks in My Dryer.