Easy Felt Valentine’s Pillow Tutorial
What you’ll need…
3- 5×5″ squares of pink felt
3 -4×4″ squares of red felt
2- 12×17″ rectangles of off white felt
3- 5×1/2″ rectangles of dark green felt
3-2 1/4×1 1/2″ rectangles of Dark green felt
3- 2×3/4″ rectangles of light green felt
Paper for making templates
2. Trace around the larger hearts onto the pink felt. Trace around the smaller hearts onto the red felt.
3. Trace around larger leaf onto dark green felt and the smaller leaf onto the light green felt.
4. Cut out pieces making sure to cut off all trace marks.
5. Layout pieces on cream colored felt, so that the hearts and stems are evenly space. Keep 1/4″ seam allowance in mind around the edges. Pin stems in place.
6. First stitch down the center of the stem with green thread. (This can be done using a sewing machine or hand stitching.)
7. Next stitch on the leaves towards the base of the stem. Match up the points of the leaves closest to the stem. Stitch down the center of the light green leaf. Repeat for each leaf.
8. Center the red heart on top of the pink heart. Pin in place, so it is centered on the stem.
9. Stitch down the center of the red heart using pink thread.
10. Repeat for the next two hearts.
11. With right sides of cream felt facing together, sew around all four sides leaving a small opening in the bottom for stuffing.
12. Clip corners and turn right side out.
13. Stuff pillow and hand stitch the opening closed.